My Blog List

Family

Family

The Girls

The Girls

google search

Poppy Seed Fabric

Photobucket
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!
Todays Creative Blog
Tip Junkie handmade projects
kojodesigns
Powered by Blogger.
The Shabby Nest

Search This Blog

create

It's Overflowing

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hand Warmers






46 Hand Warmers


It's cold here in Florida.
Hard freeze warnings issued overnight.
We should be back in the 70's by Friday.
But for now I'll enjoy wearing my wool sweaters and drinking my coffee with my gloves on. I think I'll break out my penguin winter hat for fun.


we thought they looked like balloons
I asked if I could make hand warmers for the kids at my daughter's school that have been selected for Safety Patrol.

rice and deer feed, corn
Safety Patrol involves assisting the kids in and out of the cars before and after school in the car line. We appreciate those "older" kids helping open doors and wishing us a great day, it's a big deal for those elementary school students selected.


I decided to fill each little heart with both rice and deer feed, corn.
A good friend told me that the deer feed hold the heat better.
I didn't think I had enough  corn so I threw in some rice and mixed it up.  

 I love how they are small enough to fit in their pockets or their mittens and gloves. 
We tried them out tonight and they kept warm for about 20 minutes.
That should get them through the morning.

I thought I would throw them in the microwave for 1 minute right before we walked out the door and throw them in a foil bag. 

Boo's cute house... I think I'll be using this.
Stay Warm
Nicole
Somewhat Simple

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicole, what a good idea for those cool Florida evenings. The little hand warmers are so cute. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...